This was sent in by a regular comment-writer on the blog, who has asked to remain anonymous. I think it sums up very well some of the lies of Mr Oldham, Editor (now Ex-editor) of Koptalk.
Duncan Oldham is full of lies and deceit. He lies so much that it would be impossible to list all of them. Below is a list of selective lies that have been covered by this blog. Many come with concrete evidence while those that do not are so blatantly obvious that it does not need much explaining:
List of Koptalk’s Lies
- When confronted by a poster about the Sun hat, Duncan Oldham claims that he did not know anything about the boycott. This blog comes up with evidence to disprove his claim. 2006/05/31/a-bare-faced-lie/
- – Oldham likes to talk and boast about his access to Liverpool players and officials.
One example is Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard. 2006/06/01/hat-trick-of-lies-fatso-claims-stevie-chat/
Another is Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry. 2006/07/08/koptalk-attack-liverpool-fc-again-parry-target-this-time/
- Many times Duncan Oldham attempts to make it look like he knows someone “inside” Anfield by posts such as these. 2006/06/22/the-man-of-many-names/.
- All these claims have been confirmed to be false by Liverpool Head of Press Mr Ian Cotton who has confirmed that Oldham has no contacts inside the club – 2006/07/18/confirmed-duncan-oldham-of-koptalk-has-been-lying/ (The letter has been confirmed to be genuine and claims backed-up by various credible sources).
- Duncan Oldham lies about numbers to make his website seem much more impressive than it really is. Click here 2006/07/27/koptalk-feedback/ to see how Oldham lies about having received only “three negative feedback emails in the last two years”.
- The blog also disproves Koptalk’s claim to be the number one fan site for Liverpool FC. 2006/07/24/top-ten-liverpool-fc-websites/
- Duncan Oldham also likes to talk about the high costs of his server to encourage its readers to sign up for the Insider/GC. The blog, yet again, proved his claims to be a lie: 2006/08/02/duncan-oldham-is-proven-to-be-a-liar-again/
- His new SMS service is another example of how he distorts figures to encourage people to sign up. The blog, using common sense, shows how Duncan Oldham lied again. 2006/07/16/hi-dunk-glad-youre-still-reading/
- Duncan Oldham does not like foreigners. 2006/06/02/dunks-thoughts-on-foreigners/
- When confronted by a poster on his anti-foreigner stance, Oldham tries to wriggle his way out by lying: “I was only joking”. 2006/07/01/koptalk-try-to-wriggle-out-of-anti-foreigner-stance/
- Koptalk cons its readers into believing that signing up for the Insider/Gold Club will give them access to exclusive ‘inside’ information regarding transfers, investment plans, club finances etc. This is covered by the blog on a near daily basis. One of Duncan Oldham’s old tricks is to put “teaser” headlines and pictures on the front page to make his readers think that Koptalk has exclusive ‘inside’ information: 2006/06/08/the-reality-behind-those-headlines/
- Many times the blog shows how Duncan Oldham uses various newsfeeds and other forums to extract relevant information and report it as if it was his own. The recent transfer of Jermaine Pennant from Birmingham City to Liverpool is a good example of this where Oldham is several hours behind other forums and news while still claiming to have “Insider sources”. 2006/07/26/were-koptalk-ahead-of-the-rest-with-the-pennant-story/
- Dietmar Hamann’s transfer saga is another example of Duncan Oldham stealing a story from somewhere else and claiming it as his own. 2006/06/09/story-theft-dunk-takes-story-and-claims-as-his-own/
- One of Duncan Oldham’s favourite ways of defending himself is to make references to his family. An example is to talk about “threats” made to him and his family members. 2006/07/03/koptalk-mislead-readers-again-shortly-after-their-threats-of-violence/ He is yet to provide a single shred of evidence of his claims and continues to publish his family’s names and email addresses to his readers.
- In order to stop this blog getting the truth out to its members, Duncan Oldham has de-activated many functions on his forums as well as locking and banning many of its loyal members. In the process, Oldham has been caught lying many times. An example of this is when a respected member of the Koptalk community was banned for a post that was critical (2006/07/19/manifesto-for-renewal-deleted-by-oldham/) of the Koptalk community that has clearly “deteriorated”.
- When confronted by its members about this particular ban, Duncan Oldham lies again to wriggle himself out of the hole. 2006/07/19/duncan-denies-he-banned-tom-another-oldham-lie/
- Disabling the right-click function is another action taken by Oldham to stop this blog and, again, lies to his readers when asked to explain the reason behind the changes. 2006/07/07/right-click-lie-repeated-by-paranoid-oldham/
- In order to trick its members into thinking that Koptalk is based in Liverpool, Oldham releases new set of Koptalk HQ telephone/fax numbers. 2006/08/02/phone-your-views-in-to-the-shed/
- However, the blog proves how Duncan Oldham bought a redirect number, giving another example of how Oldham cons his readers. 2006/08/02/dunks-liverpool-number/
- When confronted by a poster to explain Oldham’s claim that Liverpool players speak to the Sun, Duncan Oldham lies about having a tape of Crouch giving an exclusive interview to the Sun. 2006/06/01/dunks-lies-and-audiotape/
- Duncan Oldham frequently makes wild claims that is so blatantly a lie that it needs no explaining or evidence. An example of this is when Oldham claimed to have been talking to ex-England international Chris Waddle about moving into Waddle’s house near Melwood! 2006/07/04/koptalk-to-consider-buying-chris-waddles-merseyside-home-and-other-gems/ There are, of course, many more.
- Duncan Oldham has been exposed by the blog of his involvement in other club sites such as spursarmy.con. To answer criticisms, he likes to make up a cover story: 2006/06/21/spurs-army-an-explanation/
- In order to protect himself from potential criticism of the accuracy of his ‘inside’ information, Duncan Oldham sets up several aliases to do the ‘dirty’ talking for him. “Wallet”, “Informer” and “Pat McCat” are just a few believed to be an alias of Duncan Oldham by this blog. The “Wallet”, in particular, has attracted the attention of the blog’s readers and here is one example of where he gets his ‘insider’ news horribly wrong: 2006/06/26/gossip-wallet-says-parry-agreed-alves-fee-last-week/
- In the face of growing criticism from this blog and his readers, Duncan Oldham has tried, in vain, to prove that his insiders are genuine. Here is one example where his efforts to disguise himself became all too apparent: 2006/07/26/duncan-gets-his-wallet-out-again-no-not-his-real-one/
- Of course, there are many more. His lies about book orders, chloe, season tickets…the list goes on. Read this blog entry by ‘rupertinsider’ which sums up Duncan Oldham’s “Big Lie Technique” very well. 2006/07/14/duncan-oldhams-big-lie/