I guess we’re due another blog post. The comments section gets too long when it gets too far between posts.
There’s really not much to comment these days, even though it seems Dunk is trying to kick-start his web-empire with a new “free” site and “free” forum. Inside the VIP-forum it’s so quiet that he’s had to try and keep it going by posting more himself. But the fact remains; the activity on the forums is at an all time low, and he hardly gets new members. Existing members are still leaving in numbers, and many others have just stopped posting.
Anyway, let’s have a look at his plans for the few remaining members next year:
#397880 – December 07, 2008 11:41 SITE NEWS: Plans For 2009
Registered: August 05, 2006
Posts: 10820 Just wanted to update you with regards forthcoming developments with KopTalk:
1) Main site for non-members and members to have makeover and go live – COMPLETED
2) Transfer members website (here) to new server – COMPLETED
3) Upgrade members website to latest build of UBB Threads (name of the actual script/installation that makes this place work) – NEXT
4) Give members website new look (slight makeover, layout will remain same) – PENDING
5) Provide more skins (different colours) for members. Basically this means you will be able to change all the red to black or grey for example – ideal for people logging on from work – PENDING
6) Provide new blogs feature for all members. This will enable everyone to have their own blog. We need to work on how that will work so that non-members can also read what you publish in your blogs – PENDING
7) Launch Spanish version of KopTalk for non-members and members. It has become evident that we have a massive following in Spain. All articles published on KopTalk will be translated into Spanish for our Spanish site – PENDING
8) Launch off-server blog so in the event of server downtime, members can check to see what’s happening – COMPLETED
9) Launch web-based email service so you can have an LFC related email address: *email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and others. POP3 features may also be available – PENDING
10) Review free SMS service provided to members and offer optional extras for a small cost but not for profit. The SMS service is very expensive to provide and we’d like to expand it further beyond what we currently offer. We are currently looking at a new provider (cheaper) but we need to check reliability etc – PENDING
11) Introduce more competitions – PENDING
12) Publish an on-site diary/schedule for podcasts and video bulletins – PENDING
13) Move into new dedicated office for KopTalk. This transition has already started. Furniture and computers have been installed but we are waiting for various cabling to be finished – PENDING
14) Provide red skin for free (public) forums – PENDING
I’m sure there are other things that I have forgotten but these things are all currently on my mind. We’re very busy behind the scenes looking at improvements and new fun features.
* email@example.com is already available to members but only as a forwarder or POP3 i.e. no web-based service as yet. If you would like firstname.lastname@example.org please open a support ticket at http://www.koptalk.inf0
Please email me with ideas, suggestions, complaints: email@example.com
1: This took him more than seven months, and when it arrived it hardly had any content except a few links to the official site and his betting affiliates.
2: Another downgrade to a cheaper host. This time he may have gone too far though. His server is now so unstable that every time I log on I experience that the forum freezes all the time. It must be really annoying for those who have paid to be there.
3: This should take a few minutes, if he just would bother.
4: Another shuffle of the subforums then?
5: This also could be done in a few minutes, but I guess he’s too busy making vlogs for his Moanvideo site.
6: I suppose these will be heavily moderated as well? Besides, there are loads of free alternatives around. Those who want a blog can use one of these. And then they could promote them in their user profiles on koptalk? If only they could be seen.
7: How many weeks will this last? Who do you think will be bothered to translate everything from english to spanish? Or will you pay someone to do it?
8: Hey, someone actually was able to comment on this. How long will that last?
9: Shouldn’t some of those web-addresses belong to LFC?
10: I notice there’s still problems with this service. After every match someone asks if the SMS was sent out. And now you’ll try to get a few quid from this too?
11: Like the championship competition that you made a lot of money from? Or maybe one of those with no prizes?
12: You don’t make them when you say you’ll do anyway. Remember the video you and Steve made after the Wigan match? You said you’d make them after every match, but there’s only been that one.
13: Oh yes. The one with ten computers so the two of you wouldn’t miss a thing. Have you never heard of multitasking?
14: And you call yourself a LFC site? 7 months work and you don’t have a red skin for a LFC site? What a disgrace.
Yes, there are things you have forgotten. How about allowing your members to send PM’s to each other? You can do this on every other forum. Or what about giving access to IP’s so everyone can see your not behind half of the posters? Maybe you should show “Who’s online” so your members know who they can expect replies from straight away? When you’ve done this you can start paying back the payments for the book you’ll never write and the donations Lauren never got. Then of course you should pay back those who bought fake merchandise from you. Then you should pay all the amounts you’ve plegded to the HJC which they’ve never got.