Another old post from Koptalk Insider. Again from March 16th, this time he was making stuff up about Michael Owen.
I thought that this was the funniest part. Oldham claims to have got his Owen story from the horse’s mouth – “How do I know this? Because Michael told me HIMSELF. One of my mates is attached to his sister (not by paperclips or tape) – can’t say any more than that. Shouldn’t be too hard to work out who my mate is if people know the family around Michael. I don’t think the long timers here expect me to justify this but I’ll mention it anyway.”
I wonder how many of those “long timers” are now either locked out or have just cleared out?
Update 2 – Michael Owen
Reged: Aug 20 2004
Update 2 – Michael Owen
#1319950 – Thu Mar 16 2006 10:24 AM
Michael Owen’s agent is already in hush hush talks with Rick Parry. The duo are discussing the technicalities of the player’s deal.
Michael CAN walk out on Newcastle in the summer if:
1) Newcastle fail to qualify for Europe. There is a £12million release clause.
2) If a club bids £12million or more in cash, not staggered payments, Owen is allowed to talk to them.
3) If Liverpool make any offer, Owen has be informed regardless of what fee they offer i.e. Newcastle cannot hide any bids that don’t meet the release clause
4) He can walk if Newcastle are relegated
5) He has an option to walk if the manager (then Souness) is replaced. He can only do this when a new manager is confirmed and in position.
6) Outside the clauses/trigger fee, if anyone bids £15m+ (doesn’t have to be cash upfront) he can speak to them.
Trust me, it was very complicated when the above was put to me so I hope I have explained it properly without confusing anyone.
Newcastle are trying to get him to sign an extension but there’s no way he’s interested. They know they’re exposed now that Souness has gone and because they expected to be challenging for Europe.
How do I know this?
Because Michael told me HIMSELF. One of my mates is attached to his sister (not by paperclips or tape) – can’t say any more than that. Shouldn’t be too hard to work out who my mate is if people know the family around Michael. I don’t think the long timers here expect me to justify this but I’ll mention it anyway.
Rafa really likes Owen but wasn’t so keen before because Parry and Moores wanted the deal. Rafa did but he was annoyed because he wouldn’t have had the money for other players hence the refusal to stump up the cash. If the board finance a move for Owen without touching Rafa’s kitty, then deal on.
Owen wants back, the players want him back, the board want him back and Rafa would like him. Only one thing can stop it… $$$$$
If they back Rafa fully, and I believe they will, there is a strong possibility of this happening.
HOWEVER, there’s one obvious condition. Michael has to get back playing again following his injury. The World Cup finals will decide if he returns to Anfield.