Dunk’s added another of his updates where he pretends to be an accessory used by men to carry money in. True or bullshit? From his own sources or stolen from elsewhere? You decide. And if it turns out true and not stolen from elsewhere we’ll finally be able to update that number in the sidebar.
Transfer saga update…
#1531210 – 06/07/06 04:15 PM
Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote
I’ve just received quite a detailed update so I’ll try to pass on as much as I can for now:
1. Rafa wants to sign Alves and Alves has told his agents to make it happen. There is a differential of approx €2.75m between what we want to pay upfront and what Seville want to receive up front (full transfer fee is agreed). Essentially if we fork up the required initial installment it will restrict our cash flow and Rafas kitty in this transfer window.
2. As a solution Barragan and Cisse will be sold / loaned out. Rafa wants to keep Barragan for the future so this sale is for all intents and purposes a long term loan. Should he be a success we can buy him back for more or less the same fee (some clauses to be rubber stamped). This should raise approx €1.25m. The Cisse deal is a year long loan resulting in €2.75m (give or take) off the wage bill with Marseille having an option to buy this time next year.
3. Rafa wants to sign another striker with Kuyt being a target. Bellamy has been banging them in this week pleasing everyone but there are concerns over Robbies fitness. He missed training already to see the physio this week. Defoe is the other option and would be cheaper (marginally).
4. Talk of signing Joaquin is just paper talk. Rafa likes him but he would not suit our style.
5. Rafa is a huge Harry Kewell fan. He doesn’t want to sell him but if funds need to be raised he would have to consider it. There is little interest in Warnock, Traore, Kromkamp or Zenden so far this window.
6. Decisions are being made re all of the above today at a meeting. Rafa wants his full squad together by the time the world cup players return to training.
Till I know more…
YNWA Lauren – Liverpool’s No.1 Fan