This blog is run by Liverpool supporters who are determined to stop Duncan Oldham from using his scam KopTalk site to con LFC fans out of their money. His cynical, systematic lies have duped supporters out of many, many thousands of pounds since 1999. None of the blog’s contributors have ever received a penny for our efforts, and we never will.
Click here for a summary of the blog’s work to date.
Below are summaries of many of the main subjects this blog has covered. Most of them also contain links to all the major articles on each topic.
- Koptalk and the Sun
- Duncan Oldham’s criminal activities prior to KopTalk
- Scam “charity” appeal
- Malicious lies about Liverpool players
- Non-existent “Anfield Exposed” book
- “Unwaged” Duncan Oldham’s lavish lifestyle
- Lies about trip to Montreal and George Gillett
- Lies about trip to Dallas and Tom Hicks
- Duncan Oldham’s lies about meeting with Rick Parry
- Koptalk members always the last to hear about big stories
- Duncan Oldham humiliates himself during the Noel White saga
- Lies about being in Athens for CL final
- KopTalk members’ feedback
- Lies about the investment saga
- Riise/Bellamy incident
- KopTalk’s rare moments of honesty
- Shop Koptalk (not Koptalk Shop)
- Koptalk lies
- Cyber Squatting
- Chronology of KopTalk’s development
- Chronology of KopTalk’s fortunes since this blog was launched
This is a blog, a blog about a website called K*talk and its secret sister, the K*talk Insider.
We don’t want to get money for this site – and we don’t want sympathy either.
UPDATE – 12th July 2006.
The text above was how the “About Us” page looked when we were started this blog. It was a way of mocking Koptalk’s constant begging for sympathy and its so-called “Insider” information about Liverpool FC which cost up to £30 a year (£20 if you paid in cash and didn’t require a receipt!).
At that stage, the blog was a bit of fun – if you’d already paid your money to Koptalk then you’d not renew: if you hadn’t then we could save you some.
But if Koptalk’s “Insider” information was all it had been cracked up to be, we would have been left with egg on our faces – our blog would have disappeared up its own backside in a cloud of embarrassment.
News of the blog spread among LFC supporters. Some who’d left Koptalk a long time ago came forward with their own reasons why. Others told us about more recent reasons for leaving and yet others, still nominally with Koptalk, reported “from behind enemy lines”.
This site has no quarrel with those visitors to Koptalk who are unaware of the contentious issues. It is intended as an expose of the owner of Koptalk - Duncan Oldham.
UPDATE 5th June 2007. The following is a contribution from Jon originally made as a comment to a blog article Today’s Koptalk Response to the Blog and subsequently edited by him for this page.
For those visitors wondering “what the hell is this site all about?!”, the following should give you a good grounding. Now read on…
1. “Koptalk insider” is a free site run entirely by volunteers which has been set up to monitor and scrutinise where possible the activities of Duncan Oldham, a man from the North East of England who runs a subscription-based web site focusing on Liverpool Football Club. His is the only Liverpool fan site which operates on such a business model, and a quick search on Google should confirm this for you. Our name is a parody of a feature which Oldham uses as one of the justifications for the £30 he charges for access to his site, namely “exclusive insider news from inside Anfield, Melwood, and the Academy”. The first thing to ask yourself is; “why would these people want to bring this poor chap down – haven’t they got better things to do?” And the answer to that is yes, I would guess that most if not all of the contributors here have many things that could better occupy their time. So the question remains – why do it? And this also raises a second question – is any of it true?
2. To explain why so many people give up their time to bring this man down, it’s probably best that you read the blog for yourself. There’s a lot to read, and not all of it will interest you. We’re not an LFC fan site, although it’s true that we’re all fans, and this is one of the motivations for stopping Oldham doing what he’s doing – we don’t like our club being used as a vehicle to con people out of often significant amounts of money, which is exactly what he does. We acknowledge our fellow Reds by providing links to some fantastic sites in the sidebar – there’s loads of them, you can join all of them for free, and you’ll get informed, lively, and up-to-the-minute debate wherever you decide to hang your hat (or scarf).
3. “You still haven’t answered my question – how do I know if any of what you’ve written is true?” That’s the million dollar question. Hopefully you’re thinking “if it’s true then where’s the proof?” Or maybe you’re thinking “this is a load of rubbish”. Maybe you’re thinking both. If you’re thinking it’s a load of rubbish because nothing can be proved, or worse, that the site is indeed founded on a flimsy tissue of lies and fabrication, then the authors and contributors are in for one hell of a libel case and there will be nothing to show for all that hard work (count the number of articles and comments) except a criminal record and a hefty wad of legal fees. As you may know one of the defences to libel in tort law is ‘truth’, so in the event that it can be shown that any of the claims made here are true then there will be no case to answer. Mr Oldham may also be aware of this, which could be why to date he has been strangely reluctant to challenge any of the statements made on this site, a status quo which I for one am confident is set to continue for the foreseeable future.
So, we’ve established that this site could be in trouble if it can be shown that none of what is written here is true. That’s the legal side of things out of the way, but what of the battle for ‘hearts and minds’ – what if you, you yourself, still don’t believe a word of it? We know it takes time to gather evidence against criminals under English law, so what you see here is the result of the work of many people who are united in their wish to see a man of dubious moral character receive the sort of justice that we believe, and belief is the operative word, that he deserves. Why do we believe it? Because we have witnessed the lies, distortions, mistruths, and deceptions that he has practiced for a long time, some of us as former members of his site who have read the blog and have been convinced of his failings, others as interested onlookers. We do this because we believe in the good name of our club, and that people who prey on the naivety of others must come under the most intense forms of scrutiny. Feel free to come and go as you wish: if you do and you choose to leave a comment, your comments won’t be amended in any way even though the site administrators are perfectly capable of doing so. Read the blog again, using the links at the top as a guide, and look at some of the things Oldham has done in the past. Make up your own mind – that after all is the beauty of a democracy. In a way your visit here has vindicated the existence of the site – you’ve stumbled across it, read a few bits, raised a few points, and if you do go to his site you’ll do so with your eyes open if nothing else. For that I think you can congratulate us on raising your awareness, and yourself for having the curiosity to do some research in the first place. It’s people like you that we’ve been trying to reach. ________________________
Right of Reply We hold open a “right of reply” for Duncan Oldham.
We have sent him emails offering him a platform. We’ve yet to receive any direct communication from him.
However, he does reply on Koptalk where he makes many direct and indirect references to the blog. And we publish most of those remarks verbatim in the blog.